I love making stuffed peppers, but don’t always have ground beef on hand. After a quick check of the freezer and pantry, I threw together some quick and easy chicken fajita stuffed peppers.
Ingredients
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1/2 a large yellow onion, diced
- 1 16 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package of rice (we used Rice Pilaf this time, but Spanish works great)
- 1 fajita seasoning packet
- 2/3 cup of water
- 4 bell peppers
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Trim the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds. Cut them in half lengthwise.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Sauté the onions in a skillet for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken, water, and fajita seasoning and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Combine chicken mixture, rice, and diced tomatoes
- Fill the peppers.
- Top with shredded cheese (optional)
- Place the peppers in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
And… this dish was Charlie approved! Not just approved though, he devoured it! He ate a whole pepper, half of another, and still wanted more!
Whenever we make stuffed peppers, we wind up with extra filling. It works great inside a flour wrap for an easy burrito!
Thanks for the recipe. I love stuffed peppers and this is different.
ReplyDeleteOh this is genius! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try!
ReplyDeleteI would love to come in this recipe but I'm having no luck getting the picture to download on contract
ReplyDeleteSorry, I don't understand what you're saying.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Your Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers has been featured at our Simple Supper Tuesday Linky Party at Moore or Less Cooking Food Blog!
ReplyDeleteLink: http://mooreorlesscooking.com/2015/01/05/simple-supper-tuesday-linky-party-43/