Mom's Messy Miracles: DIY Paint-n-Fly Glider by J-Color

April 22, 2014

DIY Paint-n-Fly Glider by J-Color

I received product to facilitate this review. Opinions expressed are my own.

It’s finally that time of year where we can get outside and play! Charlie wants to do a craft every day and the Pain-n-Fly Glider is perfect.

The really awesome part about the Paint-n-Fly glider is that kids can put it together, paint it, fly it, peel the paint off, then REPAINT it however they’d like! With kids, this is a great idea because we all know how quickly they can change their mind about something.

Paint-n-fly

 

I put this together for Charlie because I wasn’t sure how easy it would be for him. I don’t think he would’ve been able to do it himself, because where you push the middle through, you have to push hard (you don’t want it to fall apart, so it is tight). I know I was rather impressed from the get-go of the quality and sturdiness of the glider. We’ve all seen those little cheap ones, and this is not one of them.

painting the paint-n-fly glider

The kit includes the glider to put together, paint, a paint brush, and paint tray. We painted and waited about 15 minutes before flying. The instructions say to wait 24 hours for paint to dry, but we didn’t cover the entire plane and it was drying much faster.

paint-n-fly glider

I was a little scared about how well it would stand up to a toddler crashing it into the sidewalk and parking lot, but I’m excited to say, it did awesome! No dents or scrapes. It actually bounced when it hit the sidewalk on the nose. We have not tried to take the paint off, but it seems easy enough to do. The instructions say to soak the glider in water for 2 hours then the paint peels right off. I’m sure we’ll be doing this soon enough so Charlie can re-“decorate” his plane.

Daddy and Charlie playing

Charlie hasn’t gotten the hang of flying it yet, but when Daddy flies it, it goes pretty well!

paint-n-fly in action

These gliders are made for ages 3+ and will be a great activity for parents to do with children also. You can buy them individually or as a pack (think playdates and birthday parties)! Thanks to Atomik RC for providing a giveaway! One Mom’s Messy Miracles reader will win a glider of their own!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

You can connect with Atomik RC on their website, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.

68 comments:

  1. My two would have a BLAST with that. They would love to be able to decorate it they way they wanted to! Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks too fun! I bet my boys would love to paint their own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cool. My boys love doing the gliders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cool. My girls like painting and have the best time making paper airplanes, so I know they would like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool craft! My daughters would love painting airplanes and fly them outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would give this to my son to make! He loves making things and personalizing them so this would be really fun for him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth @ Food RamblingsApril 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM

    Love this DIY project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun project! My kids love making paper airplanes, so they'd be all over this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terry My Journey With CandidaApril 23, 2014 at 12:37 PM

    I would probably use spray paint on some of my glider. We had a race during the summer with the ones we had. They were much smaller than these ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know if the spray paint would come off though. That's one of the awesome parts of these gliders: you can peel the paint off and repaint them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look like so much fun. And I love that they're way more durable than paper airplanes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lot of fun! I bet my boys would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now this is totally cool! My kids would have a blast and a half with that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is very cool! I think my guys would have a ball with this. We have a large yard, so they love to fly planes anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much fun! I know a few kids that would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cool! My daughter would love this. She is into airplanes recently.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Christie @ Saving Said SimplyApril 23, 2014 at 3:35 PM

    My son loves these kinds of projects! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. how fun! I'll bet it will go far with these spring winds, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just the kind of thing my son would love. This is a fun giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My son would love this! It is great for daddy ad son bonding time too

    ReplyDelete
  21. Liz @ A Nut in a NutshellApril 23, 2014 at 6:54 PM

    I love gliders! There's something about the way they sail that makes me happy. It's so fun that you can repaint this too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is the sort of thing my son loved to do when he was younger. Now he just builds really big things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. How nea! Love that you can change the paint whenever you like!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a cool toy! You could paint it different colors to suit the mood or even the holidays. - Jenn @ The Rebel Chick

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is awesome. My son is always wanting to paint toys so this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome art work! I love all of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  27. ♡ Toodies Momma ♡April 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM

    My daughter loves toy airplanes! She is always asking her grandpa to make her new ones when she loses them in the bushes or sometimes our living room chandelier! I love that you can personalize this with different color and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cool! My son would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That looks like a lot of fun. I love that it also encourages them to be creative. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This looks like a blast! <3 that you color it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. These look like so much fun! I love that you can paint it more than once!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This looks like such a fun product for kids of all ages! It's great that it can be redesigned so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is so neat that you can "re-paint" it! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  34. My girls would love to have that glider. They want to paint or color everything.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That's awesome that you can paint it again! I used to love these kinds of things when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  36. That looks like lots of fun. My kids love crafts like this and then being able to send it off into flight would keep them occupied for lots of time!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This looks like so much fun! My son loves crafts so this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love this! I remember doing something similar with cars when I was a kid. My daughter would like this.

    ReplyDelete
  39. My son would enjoy this! Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This looks so fun! I love the idea of being able to take the paint off and redecorate it!

    ReplyDelete
  41. That glider looks very cool! And it has a most excellent paint job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. My sons would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  43. My daughter

    ReplyDelete
  44. My grandson would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  45. My daughter would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  46. My nephew would use it!

    ReplyDelete
  47. My boys would love this

    ReplyDelete
  48. Kathleen RichardsonApril 26, 2014 at 9:45 PM

    My son would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  49. My son would have so much fun decorating and launching this glider.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh I would love to use this with Carter! Would be so fun for us to paint and play with outside this spring! He loves airplanes!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great job! It's so good to get creative with little ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. my son would use the paint n fly glider

    ReplyDelete
  53. Who would use your paint-n-fly glider? It would be a gift for the bf's kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  54. My 3 and 5 yr old granddaughters just had me make paper airplanes for them last week so I know they would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Rebecca Williams ParsonsApril 29, 2014 at 12:12 AM

    My grandson would play with it.

    ReplyDelete
  56. My niece and two nephews would use them.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I bet my 2 yr old would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  58. I would love this for my grandson I babysit 3 nights a week and we would have a blast with this plane

    ReplyDelete
  59. My four year old and I would love to do this together!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. my son. our floor is covered with paper airplanes. He would love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  61. My 5 year old we Homesschool and this woukd be a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  62. My son would LOVE this! I combines all his favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  63. My kids & niece & nephews!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Both my 3 and 7 year olds would love this.

    ReplyDelete