Mom's Messy Miracles: 20 Random Facts About Me

February 9, 2014

20 Random Facts About Me

This is part of 30 Things My Kids Should Know About Me.

  1. I'm awful at doing housework.
  2. My first date with Daddy was over 8 hours long.
  3. We got married on a Monday.
  4. I hate wearing socks and shoes.
  5. Your Nanny babysat me when I was a baby.
  6. I drove a mini-van for 2 years in high school.
  7. One of my biggest pet-peeves is people chewing with their mouth open.
  8. I was on Homecoming Court my senior year of high school.
  9. I could eat mac and cheese every day.
  10. When I was little I could chow down on crabs, now I eat maybe 1.
  11. I've never used drugs (and I'm sure marijuana will be legal by the time you can read this).
  12. I was scared I wouldn't know what to do with little boys, but I can't imagine anything else now.
  13. I played the clarinet for 6 years.
  14. I hate needles.
  15. I laugh when I'm nervous.
  16. There's something about adult clowns that freaks me about a little.
  17. I've lived in Cecil County my entire life.
  18. I love thunderstorms- the kind with really big booms and lots of lightning. 
  19. The first time I had surgery was Charlie's c-section.
  20. When I was little I told everyone I would name my future daughter Jasmine.

47 comments:

  1. I really like this idea. And my f#1 would be the same as yours, of all the things I do well, housework is not one of them! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gave me a new blogging idea, Christina.:) I had fun reading random facts about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaa! I love random fact posts! I'm totally with you on #1 #15 and #18! You have me beat on #19 though. I had a C-section but it wasn't my first surgery. My first one was when I had my wisdom teeth cut out. Actually, I don't know if you should consider that a surgery when you compare it to a C-section, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz @ A Nut in a NutshellFebruary 10, 2014 at 2:11 AM

    Oh no, I can't stand those big booms in thunderstorms! I especially hate when a large clap wakes me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind people chewing with their mouth open half as much as I mind the sound effects that some people make when they eat. Loud chewing drives me up the wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun reflection activity! Maybe I will try it. I was going to name my daughter Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too could eat Mac & Cheese everyday. I don't think I could ever get tired of it! Does not matter what type - box or homemade it all taste delicious to me. Nice list of you info...it makes a very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could eat mac and cheese by the bucketful! I laugh a lot when I'm nervous too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun that your nanny is babysitting your little! I picked out names for my kids too, when I was little. I remember Jennifer for a girl...but that's not what I named my daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband's mom (Charlie calls her Nanny) babysat me when I was a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Check out the whole 30 Things post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't worry, clowns freak me out a little too! It's probably from watching the Stephen King's IT movie when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ♡ Toodies Momma ♡February 10, 2014 at 8:58 AM

    I love thunderstorms too! I could sleep right through one. I love cuddling up in bed and listening to the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love learning more about other bloggers! I LOVE thunderstorms too. The bigger, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this idea of a list of things our kids should know about us. Loving it so much that I may have to do this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great idea. I see lists often, but this is the first one I've seen done just for the kids. What a great idea to add to a baby book as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Married on a Monday, interesting!

    Do you have a post on this 8 hour date? I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I actually cried when I heard I was having a boy - so I can totally relate. I had no clue what I would do with one. Now I couldn't be happier - I've found my groove with raising a little boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice list and great idea. you should put those in a scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  20. #1 is me too, ha! My husband and I also got married on a Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It was 7 years yesterday since that date. I think I might write up a little blurb about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. 6/22/09 =) We got married at the courthouse, since we didn't have the money for a big wedding, already had our oldest, and was pregnant with our now four year old. Monday was cheaper than the weekend. =P

    ReplyDelete
  23. 8.9.10 happened to be a Monday and a fun date. We went all out and the place /i wanted was literally thousands less on Monday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. 99% of clowns are creepy. it's ok. you are not alone. promise.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I could also easily eat mac and cheese everyday!!! However, I think my body would hate me for it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Driving a mini van in high school is way better than having no vehicle at all. Your list is very cute! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Debi@The Spring Mount 6 PackFebruary 10, 2014 at 2:54 PM

    I love your list. It is a such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great list for your kiddos to learn about when they are older. I could eat Mac & Cheese every day too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a great list! My husband and my first date was also long - 8ish hours. It was just meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love reading about other people's lives! Thanks for sharing this! I have never done drugs either which is rare these days.I also kinda love thunderstorms!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm right there with ya! I could eat Mac and Cheese every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fun facts!! I'm like you in that I'm BAD at housework. My husband is like you in that he also plays clarinet!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a neat idea! Now I want to do something likens for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Neat list! I am with you on mac & cheese and not wearing shoes or socks when possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I wanted a Jasmine when I was little too! I had a friend named Nimzaj which was Jazmin backwards. How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I didn't think I'd know what to do with boys, either. But I love being a boy mom!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm awful at doing housework too! I also could eat mac and cheese every day! And now I'm wanting to eat some even though it's 10 pm!

    ReplyDelete
  38. angela (ajackeduppeach)February 10, 2014 at 11:41 PM

    i love this list. i may do something like this for my son. i am sure he will get a kick out of it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great facts! I'm also awful at house work. lol

    ReplyDelete
  40. I hate wearing socks and shoes as well lol. I don't understand why you always have to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love this! I'm with you on #4 -
    I hate wearing socks and shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love this list. This will be so fun for your kids to look back on. I got married on a Monday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  43. People chewing with their mouths open is a pet peeve of mine, too. And my daughter is freaked out by clowns.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love reading these kinds of posts. It's fun to learn some not-so-common facts! And ditto to #16!

    ReplyDelete
  45. It was interesting to read this list and to get to know you a little better.

    ReplyDelete