While we were on vacation in Surfside Beach, we (of course) had a rainy day. If it were just Tom and I, that would be a welcomed inside day of movies and naps. To anyone with little ones, it’s a small panic attack.
After our breakfast and some lounge time, we headed to Fun Warehouse. During the week, they don’t open until 12, which kind of bummed me out.
The first thing we decided to do was play in the soft play area and the inflatables.
Oh, and while the kiddos are playing, you can sit on the couches and make yourself comfy!
After a little bit of play in the soft play area, we went to check out Mini Rollerball bowling. We’ve bowled in leagues since before Charlie was born, but he doesn’t get to participate yet. This was perfect for him.
We told the machine he wanted bumpers, but they didn’t pop up like they were supposed to. Charlie didn’t seem to mind at all that his ball went in the gutter though. I was a bit irritated at the lack of bumpers and tried to help him do better. Once I realized he didn’t care, I remembered that’s all that really matters. Charlie was having fun.
And of course we played some arcade games. One thing I really liked is the the card system they have. You can load money onto a game card. You’ll swipe your card to play a game and it will tell you how much you have left. After you win tickets playing games, you can put them into a machine, swipe your card, and it will keep track of your tickets on your card. This seems like it would be awesome for the older kids. You can just load their card with X amount and let them know: when it’s gone, it’s gone.
We even ate some lunch while we were hanging out deciding what else we wanted to do at Fun Warehouse.
In total, we spent about $35 for around 2 hours of play and lunch. I think that was a great price and Charlie had a fantastic time. We were glad Owen was able to enjoy the jungle gym and the inflatables a bit too. They also have a roller skating rink and laser tag available, but we decided that wasn’t for us this trip.
If you’re in the Myrtle Beach area and are looking for something to do on a rainy day or just to get out of the sun for a bit, I highly recommend Fun Warehouse.
You can check them out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and their website.
Awww...It looks like the boys had am amazing time! This is certainly the perfect rainy day place to play! Looks like a lot of fun for kids of all ages. Heck, even I would want to bowl! Of course, I would just be showing my kids how to do it correctly, right? lol Definitely checking this place out the next spring when I'm there!
ReplyDeleteI've never even heard of this place but it looks amazing! How fun!
ReplyDelete