Mom's Messy Miracles: Children’s Books for Dads

May 24, 2014

Children’s Books for Dads

This post contains affiliate links.

Of course, these books aren’t exactly gifts “for” dads, but they’re books that Dad can enjoy reading to (or with) their munchkins!

10 Children's Books for Dads

Daddy and Me – Karen Katz

Just Me and My Dad – Mercer Mayer

Spot Loves His Daddy – Eric Mill

Daddy Is My Hero – Dawn Richards

I Love My Daddy – Sebastien Braun

The Night Before Father’s Day – Natasha Wing

Happy Father’s Day – Mercer Mayer

The Berenstain Bears and the Papa’s Day Surprise – Stan and Jan Berenstain

Because I’m Your Dad – Ahmet Zappa

Kisses for Daddy – Frances Watts

Some of these are specifically for Father’s Day, but most would make awesome gifts for Dad at any time!

33 comments:

  1. Great list, the kids will like all of these books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really fun idea for younger kids and Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph @ Crafting in the RainMay 29, 2014 at 11:30 PM

    I love giving books as gifts, so this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great list. We have read most of those books and they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! We have one called Daddy kisses and our girls love it! Of course, they always get a lot of kisses when it is being read as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great list.I will see if i ca find a couple of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ♡ Toodies Momma ♡June 10, 2014 at 2:37 PM

    This is too cute! I never thought to look for dad friendly books around this time of year. I know my daughter's father would love to receive on of these from her for Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an excellent list. My boys have always loved the The Berenstain Bears!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Virginia @thatbaldchickJune 10, 2014 at 4:04 PM

    My kids love the Berenstein Bears. What a great list for Dads!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the list! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! My hubby loves reading books that include him! It is a nice break from princess books:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would add Hop on Pop. Anytime kids and dad read is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All are great books. Awesome list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, what a great list! We need to pick up some of these. I love Because I'm Your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How sweet! Hubs would love to read any of these with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list! We just bought a few books for Father's Day from the kids today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just in time for Father's Day! I need to pull out a few of these for Daddy to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are awesome suggestions, going to order a few on amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Liz @ A Nut in a NutshellJune 11, 2014 at 12:02 AM

    Awwww, I love bringing dad into the folds of reading time. These are cute suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Terry My Journey With CandidaJune 11, 2014 at 12:14 AM

    What nice books to give a father, and not just on fathers day. Any Dad would cherish these.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I love this!!! We read with our kids a lot and we make it a point for our kids to see Dad reading as often as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  22. We have a board book my son used to love when he was little about a baby and daddy bear. I can't remember the name of it, but it was cute. :) Thanks for this list, picking one up for the nightly read on Father's Day would be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this, what nice books for a dad!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I seriously just bought Just Me and My Dad on Amazon. It's a fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  25. We have three of these books and I didn't even think about them with fathers day approaching! It would be a great time to add a new one to our list.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I remember reading Daddy and Me. Thanks for the list; I had forgotten about these books.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Daddy and Me was always Shae's favorite baby book. She must have made my husband read it to her hundreds of times.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've never thought of getting daddy books. He would have a lot of fun reading these to our girls.

    ReplyDelete
  29. We have about 1/2 of these! They are great suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those are definitely some great kid's books for dads. I think we actually still own a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Onica {MommyFactor}June 12, 2014 at 9:05 AM

    I'm always on the search for books like this. Adding to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  32. It is great to have books like these around the house. Kids like when their dads read to them.

    ReplyDelete
  33. WE love Mercer Meyer. Our favorite is their is an alligator under our bed. We even love his youtube video of it.

    ReplyDelete