Mom's Messy Miracles: Ninja Party: Food & Decorations

May 6, 2014

Ninja Party: Food & Decorations

I received product from Oriental Trading to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.

For Charlie’s 3rd birthday party, he picked a ninja theme while looking through Oriental Trading’s catalog that we receive in the mail regularly.

Decorations were quick and easy to check off my to-do list with a little help from Oriental Trading! Oriental Trading offers a pretty nice selection of ninja decorations.

We picked out the Ninja Warriors Vertical Pennant Banner.

Ninja Warriors Birthday Banner

 

It was really cute, but I had a hard time getting all the pieces tied together. I kept getting irritated because about the time I would tie one, another would come undone. Once it was hung up though, it looked nice and added that special ninja theme to a birthday banner.

We put a Ninja Warriors Centerpiece in the middle of the food table. We LOVE these! Super easy to put together and you just need a couple to add that pop!

Ninja Warriors Centerpiece

On the main party table, where everyone would be sitting and eating, I put down one red tablecloth and one black tablecloth. Then down the middle went a Ninja Warrior Table Runner. Ninja Warrior Table Runner

The table runner comes in a cardboard tube. I had a really hard time getting the table runner out of the tube and it ended up ripping. Once it was laid out on the table, no one noticed and it still looked really nice. Unlike the rest of the decorations, this was just trashed after the party.

torn Ninja Warrior Table Runner

As for the food, I kept it pretty simple compared to other years. We scheduled a 2pm party. In my opinion, a 2pm party does not really need a lot of food. It’s between lunch and dinner, so some appetizers or basic snacks is perfect.

I made some sushi that everyone loved!

rice krispies sushi

This was easy to do, but ended up super cute. Make some rice krispie treats, cut them in small rectangles, put a swedish fish on top, then wrap it with a piece of fruit by the foot. You could use different colors of everything to make it more colorful, but we just used what we had and it worked great.

I made some Ninja cupcakes. Ideally they would have had tan faces with black icing as the eyes and eyebrows, but Charlie wanted chocolate cupcakes. I’m not overly thrilled with the way they turned out, but Charlie liked them and that’s really all that matters.

Ninja cupcakes

We bought a box Tai-Pei mini egg rolls. There were 36 in 3 different varieties, so it worked out perfect. We just popped them in the oven and served them. The kiddos (and adults) gobbled them up.

Ninja Party Food & Decorations

You can also see that we had Happy Birthday Fortune Cookies (who doesn’t love a fortune cookie?) and Ninja Warrior Dinner Plates.

Connect with Oriental Trading on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

40 comments:

  1. OMG, the cupcakes came out SOOOOO good. Actually, everything did. You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♡ Toodies Momma ♡May 6, 2014 at 5:30 PM

    The rice krispie sushi is an awesome idea! How much fun. My daughter would never touch the real thing so these would be a great alternative :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute decor! I have been trapped in girlie themed parties for a while. I can't wait for my son to get older so we can get into ninjas, cowboys, pirates and such:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes are intense! The banner just looks like a ninja chopped it. Cute party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TURTLES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a unique theme! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you did really good w the theme that you had!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those decorations are so cute! You did such a good job with this party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute party idea. I've seen candy sushi before and it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this idea! I wish I had a son so I could do some boy type party's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great idea for a party! The sushi sounds great. Nice job on everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, what a great party idea! And you did some great decorating and cooking to stick with the theme!
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love this! So clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all super cute ideas! I love the ninja themed party with the food that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Veronica SolomonMay 6, 2014 at 9:33 PM

    Ninja parties are always fun! I think I had one for my son when he was little

    ReplyDelete
  16. Liz @ A Nut in a NutshellMay 6, 2014 at 10:26 PM

    I think it all worked together beautifully! It's a super cute theme!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute theme! I used to work at a craft center and order from Oriental Trading supplies for different themes- like magic, or tea party. Love the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks like such a great party! I love the theme. The decorations are all so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love parties. What creative ideas. It looks like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like a great party! I hate when the runners rip , i've had it happen several times before.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun party! Love the lettering and the colored fortune cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jenn @ The Rebel ChickMay 7, 2014 at 1:06 AM

    What a fun party theme! The ninja cupcakes are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohhh, how fun is THIS!!! A ninja party theme is really cool. Love those cupcakes, they're super duper cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the theme! My son would get such a kick out of this.!! We usually have to carry extra tape because during the decorating phase something will get torn lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. The food turned out so great. I love the little "sushi".

    ReplyDelete
  26. that all looks so good. My kids play ninja all the time

    ReplyDelete
  27. So cute - I love the sweet 'sushi' rolls. I love Oriental Trading - I need to start looking thru the book for my son's birthday coming up in July!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a cute idea for a theme! The sushi rolls are so cute. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh yeah, pretty sure this would be a HUGE hit here too. You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fun party theme! I love that pennant banner and your sushi idea!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Virginia @thatbaldchickMay 7, 2014 at 2:43 PM

    Those cupcakes are almost too cute to eat. Almost. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the sushi. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those cupcakes are just the cutest and cleverest ones I've ever seen. The banner and table tops help to set the ninja mood too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That's a fun looking party. My son would love a ninja party.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your ninja cupcakes are so fun! they look easy to do too.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a unique and fun theme! I love Oriental Trading. They have great stuff for parties and other occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  37. You did such a great job with this party. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  38. That banner goes perfectly with your ninja theme! Such great party ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  39. How fun! I love the "sushi."

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh what a fun party! My boys would love a Ninja party like this!

    ReplyDelete