Mom's Messy Miracles: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Krispy Granola Bars

April 12, 2014

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Krispy Granola Bars

Charlie loves helping Mommy in the kitchen. Well, our kitchen is actually gated off, so he really gets to help me at the dining room table. He is always trying to get “treats”, so I like to kill two birds with one stone and let him help me make “treats”.

PB Choc Chip Krispy Granola Bars

 

You will need:

  • 1.5 cups crunchy peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup agave nectar (or 1/2 cup honey)
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1 cup Rice Krispies
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips

 

Peanut Butter Choc Chip Krispy GranolasDirections:

  1. Stir peanut butter and agave nectar together
  2. Stir in oats
  3. Stir in Rice Krispies
  4. Stir in chocolate chips
  5. Spread on pan lined with wax paper
  6. Flatten by putting wax paper on top
  7. Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm
  8. Cut bars and wrap individually in wax paper (makes about 24 bars)

PB Choc Chip Krispy Granola Bars Stacked

Enjoy!

38 comments:

  1. These look tasty! Pinned to my breakfast board

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it's easy for little hands to get in the mix with this one (literally). Thanks for the great share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a whole lot of good stuff going on in this recipe. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I can see this being a real good healthy treat for us. Thank you . i am going to print this out and make .I do have all ingreds. Love it when I have all ingreds!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouuu, sounds yum! And seems like easy to make. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Will save it for later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using cereal as the base for sweet treats. I want to make these for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terry My Journey With CandidaApril 13, 2014 at 4:47 PM

    Oh yum... I can make these using my carob chips and I already use agave. These would be great for travel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those sound awesome. I am all for regular rice krispie treats and any variations of them sound a-okay to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These granola bars sound so delicious! I need to try to make some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love rice krispie treats and these look really good. I'm a sucker for anything peanut butter and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks similar to an old recipe our family has, but a lot gooier. Gooier is better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I make one kind of like this but with cheerios. I guess they're interchangeable. I'm going to try yours this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all things with Rice Krispies:) These look super simple and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like a great dessert/snack! I love easy snacks like this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh you just blew my mind! All of my family's favorite things in each bite!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that sounds yummy! Why didn't I ever think of this recipe before!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look and sound so yummy! And I bet my son would love to do them with me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. mmm you had me and peanut butter and chocolate
    www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those look great. I bet the Rice Krispies help to keep it from becoming too dense.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, I'm hungry now. These sound a little bit like the Scotcheroos that my Mom always made when I was a kid, and they're one of my favorite treats.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Officially craving these now!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so hungry and these just look so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really shouldn't look at blog posts like this before breakfast.... These look great and I'm so hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Holy yum! We will take a whole pan please!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those look delicious! My little boy loves peanut butter so we will have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks yummy! Mmmmm....chocolate......

    ReplyDelete
  28. My mouth is watering!!! These Krispy Granola Bars look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. songbirdsandbuttonsApril 23, 2014 at 4:31 PM

    Yummm! these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Melissa Vaughn ColemanApril 23, 2014 at 5:38 PM

    Yum! These look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those sound good! I swear everyone is in conspiracy to make me eat junk all day. Going to pin this!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those look extremely delicious! I love peanut butter, chocolate and Rice Krispies! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete