Mom's Messy Miracles: Our Favorite Bedtime Books

April 25, 2014

Our Favorite Bedtime Books

This post contains affiliate links.

We read (at least 1 book) to Charlie every night. I think it is very important to develop a love of reading in a child from the beginning. For Charlie’s baby shower, everyone brought us a book. Some of these were included and some we picked up along the way.

Favorite Bedtime Books

The Going-To-Bed Book – Sandra Boynton

Disney Bedtime Favorites (Storybook Collection)

Goodnight Moon – Margaret Wise Brown

I’ll See You in the Morning  Mike Jolley

Time for Bed – Mem Fox

On the Night You Were Born – Nancy Tillman

I Love You, Stinky Face  Lisa McCourt

Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site – Sherri Duskey Rinker

I Took the Moon For a Walk – Carolyn Curtis

The Prince’s Bedtime – Joanne Oppenheim

I’ll See You in the Morning has a special meaning to me. Tommy and I walked down to get food while Charlie was still in surgery repairing his VSD. We wandered around aimlessly after eating and went into the gift shop. I saw this book and had to have it. All I wanted was to see my baby again and I still tear up when I read this story.

Have you read any of these? What are your favorite bedtime books?

2 comments:

  1. Great round up of bedtime books. Reminds me of reading with my parents when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list. I still love the gentleness of Goodnight Moon. It's a classic for a reason, I guess. :-)


    Stopping by via the Northeast Bloggers' Facebook group. Cheers!


    Kelly
    www.alovelylifeindeed.com

    ReplyDelete