Mom's Messy Miracles: Baseball and Messy Monday Link-Up

March 31, 2014

Baseball and Messy Monday Link-Up

Charlie will be 3 years old at the end of April. That means that he’s 3 in Little League age! We have a Sunshine Division at our local League that starts at age 3. I played softball starting with t-ball until I was 18. That’s about 13 years of softball. I loved every minute of it and wish I had time and resources to play again as an adult. Maybe someday.

Until then, I’ll be scrubbing mud and grass stains out of my little one’s pants. His first practice was this past Thursday. It’s going to be an interesting season filled with a lot of playing in the dirt and a little bit of baseball in there.

baseball messy monday

Excuse the pictures, I was swinging Owen in his carseat and freezing my butt off at the same time while watching.


Today is the first day of the new Messy Monday Link-up at Mom’s Messy Miracles!

messymondayrules

Mom's Messy Miracles

46 comments:

  1. How cute. Around here, little league doesn't start until age 5. Both of my boys tried it, but neither liked it LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute I wish I had gotten mines into this instead my hubs thought football was it he hated football. I should have stuck to my gut lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, teeball time already!! We haven't started yet- not till the 26th here in CT. Too cold I guess

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♡ Toodies Momma ♡March 31, 2014 at 9:27 AM

    Adorable! I love watching little ones play sports, especially baseball. It has to be one of the cutest things to witness. I can't wait for my daughter to start sports!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! In our town they start on kickball at 4, then t-ball, then baseball/softball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww how cute! I remember the days watching my little brothers play baseball, they sure did love that sport!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz @ A Nut in a NutshellMarch 31, 2014 at 10:26 AM

    You'll have your hands full with laundry indeed, but so much fun to watch him play! I hope the mud and cold goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we had a 3 year old league! Teeball starts here at 4, so my kiddo will be able to play next year. I played from 4 years until 13 years, and hope to pass down the love of the sport to my two boys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute! I will def have to keep your monday link up in mind next Monday when I might be a little bit prepared! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't been to a a t ball game in a long time. It's always such fun watching them figure out how to play. I don't have a kid activity or food this week, but maybe I will next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweet! I love seeing kids play baseball.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I love when little ones do sports. I want to sign my daughter up for soccer this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even though it looks frigid in your picture, when I start to see t-ball and soccer games, it makes know that spring is here. Yay for that! Have a great season. It will warm up sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Messy, but I bet it was fun. We are contemplating signing our girls up for baseball. I'm a little scared.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL Good luck with the grass stains! I have four boys and I have never quit figured out how to get them out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My oldest used to like to play sports when he was younger, but now he's too busy hanging out with friends. My daughter and son have never been that much into sports LOL. I played summer league softball for 8 years when I was a kid. I miss those days!
    http://www.southernpixie.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pictures despite you freezing your bum off! Looks like too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cutie! I wish I would have started my son earlier, he is 6 and just starting out baseball!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I will never forget Jason's 1st day at T-Ball - hit the ball and headed right to 3rd base! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks like they are having a blast even if you were freezing your butt off!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah! Grass stains are the absolute worst! I enjoyed looking at your pictures...it looks like you guys had a fun time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Messy? I'm sure you are not looking for a picture of my son's clothes! I swear he rolls in the mud some days!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jenn @ The Rebel ChickMarch 31, 2014 at 9:28 PM

    How cute! the helmet is almost as big as his whole body!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like fun. We hope to get our oldest son in baseball soon. Have fun with the grass stains.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This was from Beth@Frugalfroggie

    ReplyDelete
  26. How cute! I hope he has a great first season!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Estelle Sobel ErasmusMarch 31, 2014 at 11:58 PM

    So adorable. He looks ready to hit a home run!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such cute pictures! What a fun sport to get started in!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love baseball nights! Graham is playing 8U now and that amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  30. We can't wait for our son to be old enough for tee ball! Baseball is one of our favorite pastimes. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mandy Young CarterApril 1, 2014 at 9:42 AM

    I love watching little kids play sports, so fun! My son can't wait to play on a teeball team next year

    ReplyDelete
  32. Go Braves! Looks like a totally fun Messy Monday to me!

    ReplyDelete
  33. We went walking at the park yesterday and it's by the baseball field! We could hear the announcers and all, it really makes it feel like summer/spring is here!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I can't wait for our season to start! I've sat in the freezing cold for soccer games, but our t-ball starts so late it should be warm enough by then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. My nephew was playing on the swing this weekend with a HUGE puddle of mud underneath. Good thing he had boots and snow pants on! I linked up my homemade goo/slime recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  36. How cute is this! One of my boys played t-ball at 4 and it was the cutest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. How cute are they. My oldest played baseball one year, but he has been in soccer since he was three, that seems to be his sport of choice.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a fun sport for them to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  39. so cute! My son starts t-ball this year, too! I see lots of playing in the dirt in his future!

    ReplyDelete
  40. How cute! We don't have that many programs for 3 year olds other than gymnastics and soccer. I want to sign my son up for little league sports.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I have to remember to link up with you next week. I always have a messy craft going on!

    ReplyDelete
  42. feel free to still link up! It's open until Friday

    ReplyDelete
  43. Adorable! It's always so fun to watch the little athletes on the field :-)

    ReplyDelete
  44. That looks like a ton of fun! I haven't played baseball {or softball} in years.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Baseball, yay! I wish my sons were into baseball but sadly they just are not. The middle one loves soccer, we are fall sports people here I guess. Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete