Mom's Messy Miracles: St. Patrick’s Day Parade

March 19, 2014

St. Patrick’s Day Parade

 

Here’s a quick (almost) Wordless Wednesday.

This past Saturday was absolutely beautiful and we were dying to get out of the house. My mom called and said there was a St. Patrick’s Day parade in a neighboring town, so off we went.

Mummers St. Patrick's Day parade

Clydesdales St. Patrick's Day parade

collecting candy St. Patrick's Day paradeMommom and Charlie firetruck St . Patrick's Day Parade

Mommy and Charlie St. Patrick's Day Parade

Owen slept through the whole parade. Charlie ate too much candy, but we all had a great time!

Saturday was beautiful and warm(ish), Sunday night we got about 3-4” of snow. Crazy weather this year.

 

Did you do anything fun for St. Patrick’s Day this year?

36 comments:

  1. Awe, that reminds me of the parades we used to have at home. I never looked forward to the candy, I was always the most excited for the mini bread loaves that were handed out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, look at the Clydesdale horses!! They are absolutely gorgeous. It looks like you had a nice time at the parade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the weather made for a fun day. The weather has been so unpredictable this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terin Aleah GarrettMarch 20, 2014 at 1:18 PM

    We've never been to a St. Patty's Day parade! I wish our town had one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love parades! And the weather looked fantastic. I can't wait to get more of these sunny days :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun parade! I wish we had one here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we didn't do much- but then we never do. we went to see the muppets movie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great parade. I don't think I've ever been to a St. Patrick's Day parade.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a blast! I wish we could have gone to a parade for our little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun parade! I am so glad you had great weather for the event!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your new mint chevron and sunny yellow accents. Perfect for spring. Parades are the best for little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Virginia @thatbaldchickMarch 20, 2014 at 4:13 PM

    What a great parade. Sorry Owen slept through the whole thing. I hope Charlie saved him some candy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awe! How fun is that?! I wish they had something like this in our town!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! Looks like you had a great time. We are having crazy weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a lot of fun! We didn't do anything that great this year because I got sick.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many people had parades!! Nice!! We've never had one, we're missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love seeing pictures of kids at parades. It's always such a magical thing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This St. Patrick’s Day parade looks like a ton of fun. I hope Owen managed to get some candy after his nap!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hate the crazy weather. Love your photos! The parade looked like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. He's only 4 months, just Mommy milk for him! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love parades - St Patty's Day Parade is always so much fun in Milwaukee, We missed this year it was only about 26 degrees with wind...too cold for me

    ReplyDelete
  22. It seems as if your little one had a great time at the parade. That is a memory to treasure/

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks like a fun parade! We had dinner at grandma's house but that is about it. We should have had a parade too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I miss going to the parade in Holyoke, MA where i used to live. It was HUGE. Looks like you guys had fun though :) Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That parade looks like so much fun! We don't have those kinds of parades here.

    ReplyDelete
  26. No, we were on spring break so we just had a lazy day. Though, if we had parades we would have went to those.

    ReplyDelete
  27. We didn't have a parade here. Yours looks like it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fun looking parade! I don't think we have a St. Patrick's Day parade around here, though my kids would love it.
    We didn't do much besides make some green cupcakes! =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. St. Patrick's Day is a great excuse to hang out at a parade! Looks like a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  30. We've never been to a St. Patrick's Day Parade but this sounds super fun. I really wish our town had one.

    ReplyDelete
  31. We didn't do anything for St. Patrick's Day. That parade looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  32. We missed ours this year. But I hear it was even bigger and more fun than usual. Next year for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a fun time! We had a mardi gras parade, but this would be a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Parades are fun. I have even enjoyed watching them on TV on the holidays. Those horses are beautiful, I would go just to take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Parades are soooo much, I go to them and act like a big kid. It looks like you guys had a GREAT parade :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a fun parade!!! unfortunately we never go to the one in Charlotte because I don't love huge crowds, but maybe we'll have to go when our girls get bigger.

    ReplyDelete